The Show Em What U Got Foundation (“SWUG”) was launched to provide inner city youth and young adults with an opportunity to learn various marketable skill sets in media, technology, and entrepreneurship. Skills such as sound engineering, audio recording, video production, offset printing, web development, and entrepreneurship. Our foundation operates from the belief a person’s destiny can be changed by equipping them with the skills and vision need to become a responsible contributor to society, as well as to the market place.
We understand the unique challenges presented to individuals who live within the inner cities and our belief is by providing them with guidance and marketable skills, we can help position them for a more promising future!
- Seeks to provide inner city youth, young adults with training/skills needed to take advantage of opportunities presented in our tech based economy
- Various Community events targeting youth and building capacity skills
- Community projects implemented by Music/Theater/Youth Empowerment Programs
- National mentoring programs to help develop skills for youth and young adults. Special guests have included: Maurice Starr (founder of super bands like New Edition and New Kids on the Block), Chris Gotti (founder of Add Ventures Music Group), actress Anna Marie Horsford, and recording artist Curtis Young (Dr. Dre’s son).
- Ongoing collaborations with E. St Louis City Hall, community based organizations, vendors, community service officials, high school and middle school partnerships
- SWUG Foundation does promotions via email blasts, radio, TV, and social media